January 30th, 2009
Are you tweeting too? If so, how are you using it? Here’s what I’ve gotten out of it in the few short weeks I’ve been using it:
1. Another way to spread the word about my books.
2. Another way to find sources for articles I’m writing in a pinch.
3. Another way to share/discuss articles of interest with other freelancers and freelance sympathizers.
4. Another way to meet interesting, influential editors, bloggers, and media peeps.
5. A more immediate way to engage in some online dialogue than the ole blog. (Though I have every intention to keep this ole blog alive and well. I heart it — and the people who read it.)
6. Another way to amass more links to interesting articles and blog posts I hope to read when time permits.
7. Yet another way to waste time if I’m not careful.
I imagine many of you saw The Golden Pencil‘s excellent post on 8 Ways That Twitter Can Grow Your Freelance Business. I have yet to land an assignment through Twitter as Jenny of The Golden Pencil has, but I certainly wouldn’t mind doing so.
How about you? What has Twitter done for you lately?